Sunday, May 2, 2010

Preventing Insanity

Every week I create a menu on Sunday night for the following week.  Monday night, I go grocery shopping and buy everything I need to make everything on my menu.
This is probably one of the most important rituals of my week.  With the LFD's schedule and my need for structure, this works well for us.  No matter what is happening, I know I have all the ingredients for a well-rounded meal without going out to the store every night.  I will admit, I typically leave any weekend food that needs bought for Friday night or Saturday morning, simply to preserve freshness.  Below, you will find my menu for the week starting Monday, May 3.  If you see something you'd like the recipe for, let me know!  I'll post recipes throughout the week as I create them!  I hope you find this practice helpful in mainstreaming your own life.  It has certainly helped me!

Monday:  Garlic Chicken, cous cous and steamed vegetables
Tuesday: "Tyrone" subs
Wednesday:  Tacos and tres leches cake
Thursday:  Leftovers
Friday:  Pancakes and sausage or bacon
Saturday:  Mother's Day dinner for LFD's mom and grandma
Sunday:  Coq Au Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment