Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let's talk about weight loss

I played softball in high school and was in very good shape.  During the off-season, I worked out at home or at the gym.  In college, I fell off a little bit but still made it to the gym when I could.  I gained about 20 pounds in college but was still happy with the way I looked.

Then, I met the LFD.
I became very comfortable with myself and gained what I call "honeymoon weight".  It's weight that I gained while dating, being engaged and eventually being married to my husband.  While I'm still over-the-moon for the LFD, I'm not so thrilled with these huge arms, belly roll, thunder thighs and extra 20 pounds on top of what I gained in college.

I believe I have a lot going for me.  I'm short but even at 176 pounds, I have a pretty defined hour-glass figure.  The LFD and I are trying to conceive our first child.  We've had two miscarriages in our nearly four years of marriage so, it's been a trying battle.  To distract me from becoming a giant ball of stress about what could happen if I were to get pregnant again, I've decided to focus on getting healthy and trying to let God take care of the baby part.  However, since we're TTC (trying to conceive), I'm uncomfortable with trying some sort of extreme diet where I'd be required to cut out entire food groups.  So, the game plan is to begin reducing portion sizes and eliminating junk food which is something that has become my Achilles heels.

In addition to moderate, read, sensible, dieting, I'm also going to force myself to exercise for 45 minutes 3 to 5 days a week.  My exercise is going to include everything from walking and pilates to weight lifting, kickboxing and building up to running a 5K.

Here are my Beginning Stats:
Weight: 176.5
Jean size: 12
Waist: 33.75 in.
Hips: 37.5 in.
Bum: 44 in.
And each bicep is 13 in.

Ultimate weight Goal: 135 - 40 lbs. and 4/6 jean size

First Goal: Mother's Day, May 9.  Lose 6.5 pounds to weigh 170.

You can also follow my progress between now and Mother's Day at my SparkPage.  This is a site I use to track my food/calorie intake as well as my fitness.

Thanks for following along!  Encouraging comments are always welcome!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment