Friday, March 2, 2012

It's the little things...

Today was one of those days that just opened my eyes and heart.  I realized I have so much for which to be thankful.  While one of our family members is facing yet another scary, stressful part of their son's young life, I was taking a nap with my beautiful little boy on my chest.

Today, I got to come home early from work.  I ate a quick lunch and then rushed to my in-laws'  house to get Sebastian.  We played for a little bit and visited Pappy and Daddy at work.
When it was time for a nap, he went straight to sleep while I rocked him in my arms.  But it was short-lived.  He slept in his crib for little over a half hour.  When I picked him up, he fell right back to sleep.  I was sleepy, so I took a nap too.  Except before I feel asleep, I said one of the most heartfelt prayers of my life.  I thanked God for my healthy, happy baby boy; for my incredible husband who works so hard for our livelihood and loves me enthusiastically and unconditionally.  I asked him to bless our little family and to help me accept whatever my fate may be in expanding our family.
Then, we went to eat with The LFD's family.  Sebastian ate and played.  He is so happy.  He's just content to sit and watch people.  He is such an amazing boy.

I can't wait to experience God's plan for Seb and see the person he grows to become.  He is an absolute inspiration to me.  There's something so raw and pure about a little boy who is so happy.  It makes me feel like this may be the one thing we're getting right.  It fills my heart with such joy to see him laughing and squealing and chasing after Rufus.

It's truly the little things in life that help you realize what is really important in life.

Until next time,

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Thank God there is always someone in a different walk of life to put things into perspective for us! As I walk the halls of the hospital I'm so thankful that what we are dealing with is ALL we are dealing with. It could be so much worse... Well written my friend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete