Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lucy, You got some 'splainin' to do...

     Yup, I know, I'm sorry.  I haven't been here more than two months.  I have a confession though. My last blog post was the weekend before I found out I was pregnant!!!!!!  We are shocked, excited, thrilled, horrified and... 17 weeks along.  So, as I pop Tumsnumberidon'tknowwhat, let me tell you what I've been up to lately.

     On August 8, I took a pregnancy test, Big Fat Negative resulted.  On August 9, my lady time was schedule to arrive but it never showed.  This, along with the strange dull-but-definitely-there cramps and strange boob sensations had me convinced I was just a little off this cycle and it'd be there to greet me in the morning.  It wasn't.  So, of course, I peed on another stick.  Nothing.  I did this on the 11th and 12th as well and still no answer for why I'm blissfully menstrual-less with a touch of obsessive anxiety.  On the morning of Friday, August 13 (yes, Friday the 13th), I yet again peed on a pregnancy test.  Something that had become a morning routine.  I walked in to the kitchen to make coffee and came back to check this $1 thing that would change my life.  I squinted and tilted in to the morning sun to find a VERY faint line.  I made the LFD get out of bed hours before he usually does to come look at this piece of plastic.  He didn't see anything but believed that I was on to something.
     Fast forward a few hours later and I conveniently need to go to Target to pick up work supplies.  While I was there, I also picked up a digital test.  I figured I'd put any stress to bed and just buy one that told me yes or no.  When I got back to the office, I made a beeline for the bathroom and took the test.  PREGNANT.  I knew it!!!  I couldn't believe my eyes but I was thrilled.
     Later that day, I went to get my betas drawn with a result of 49!  No wonder the Dollar Store test didn't give me a definite positive!  Subsequent tests showed "appropriate rising" and it began to look like this baby would stick.
     At 5 weeks, my doctor called to schedule a sonogram  just to make sure every thing was progressing properly.  When I got there, I was thrilled.  I couldn't believe I was about to have my first ultrasound.  Then it happened, exactly what I had been waiting to happen for the past 2 weeks.  The tech informed me that I was measuring less than five weeks and that she didn't see anything in the gestational sac.  My heart dropped.  It was all I could do to keep from crying right there.  When the doctor came in, the news didn't get any better.  He informed that I'm measuring behind my dates and they also found "something" up to the left.  He informed me it could be a fibroid or it could be an ectopic pregnancy.  Judging from the empty gestational sac, that's what he was leaning toward.  They scheduled me for another u/s a week later and I couldn't get out of that office fast enough.  I lost it.  I got to the car and just exploded on the LFD's shoulder.  I knew he had to tell me worst case scenario but, in my experience, that's usually what happens.
     After constant jokes about u/s machines not being much more than fish finders that we have on the bass boat, week six rolled around.  This time, the dildo cam found everything that was suppose to be there.  We even saw the flicker of a heartbeat!  It was wonderful and exactly what we have been waiting for.  I couldn't believe that this could actually be a viable pregnancy!

Well kids, this obviously doesn't bring us up to present day but, it's filling up a lot of the page.  What say you of making this a 2-part post with part two coming tomorrow?  To be fair, you really have already heard all the exciting stuff so far!
Thanks for sticking around and I promise, I'll get back in the routine.

Until next time,
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment